The partnership of On the Wave, a project funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Grants and the Blue Growth programme, met in Matosinhos, Portugal on November 17th, 2022.
The meeting had two main moments, one dedicated to the analysis of the activities carried out in the first year of the project and another to the planning of activities to be carried out until March 2023.
In this sense, and with regard to the first year of the project, it is worth highlighting:
- The visit to Simsea headquarters in Haugesund in May 2022
- The launch of the best practices video as a result of the visit and the needs assessment sessions carried out in Portugal and Norway
- Carrying out of working groups to identify key competences for the areas of fisheries, maritime-tourism and merchant and local traffic
After this initial overview, partners discussed and planned the upcoming months focused on two main activities, namely:
- The development of the competences framework for the design of short-duration training units and contents for the areas of information and communication technologies and electronics, environment and sustainability and language and communication
- Inception sessions with specialists from both countries for the development of distance STCW courses
Taking advantage of the presence of the entire partnership and aiming to present the first results and mobilize organizations and professionals to participate in future events, the partnership promoted the 1st public and online event under the theme “Capacity of Organizations and Professionals of the Maritime Sector” on November 16th, 2022.
The meeting and events were very fruitful and the conclusions of both are strategic to continue the networking to be developed within the scope of the project.
We encourage you to follow the project’s Twitter page https://twitter.com/OnTheWaveBlue .