TREATMENT AND DATA PROTECTION
By understanding that the use of your personal data requires your confidence, we follow the current regulations and the appropriate procedures in the treatment and data protection.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes we identify below, following the General Regulation on Data Protection (GDPR) and ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data.
The consortium of the ON THE WAVE project is responsible for the processing of the personal data of its partners, website visitors who submit a request for contact or external participants at project-related activities (surveys, interviews, focus groups, co-design sessions, testing and validation phase, dissemination events and conferences, etc.), following the terms of the data protection legislation in force in the European Union (the General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR). The consortium of the ON THE WAVE project does not share the personal data provided with any other entity.
We do not collect information from visitors to our site. Personal data will be collected and processed only if you complete:
• the contact request form is available on the project website,
• any other forms and formats of data collection available on the project website,
• the request to receive the ON THE WAVE newsletter,
• the registration form for any of the public events promoted by any of the partners of the consortium,
• the participants’ signature list when attending any event promoted in the framework of the project,
• the participants’ signature list when attending any public dissemination event promoted in the framework of the project.
Your personal data will be collected and used for the specific purposes for which the data are provided namely: for stakeholders’ consultations on the appraisal of the ON THE WAVE results, on the production of reports to be submitted to the Direção-Geral da Política do Mar and/or any of the national funding body of “Blue Growth” programme (European Economic Area Financial Mechanism, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway grants) and to send updates on the progress and results of the project in strict terms that you select in the consent box included in each of the online forms in this website.
Under the data protection legislation in force in the European Union (the General Regulation on Data Protection – GRDP) the use of personal data must be justified under at least one legal basis for the processing of personal data. The legal basis applicable to the collection and use of your personal data for purposes described above relating to the ON THE WAVE project is your consent.
- When you have given consent to the processing of your personal data (for this purpose you will be presented with a consent form for the use of your data, which consent may subsequently be withdrawn);
- When the treatment is necessary to fulfill the legal obligations to which the ON THE WAVE project is subject;
- When treatment is necessary to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for its use prevail over your data protection rights;
- When treatment is necessary for us to testify, exercise or defend a right in legal proceedings against you, us or a third party.
The personal data collected may include your name, email address, type of organization of affiliation, country of residence, professional occupation, age, sex, and/or other.
We use a variety of security measures, including authentication tools, encryption, and digital certificates to help protect and maintain the security, integrity, and availability of your personal information. Although data transmission over the internet or website cannot guarantee complete security against intrusions, we and our service providers make every effort to implement and maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data following the applicable data protection requirements. Among others, we have implemented the following:
- Protection of information technology systems through firewalls to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data;
- Continuous monitoring of access to information technology systems to prevent, detect and prevent the misuse of your personal data.
We store your data only for the period in which the purpose for which it was collected is valid. Once the maximum period of conservation has been reached, your personal data will be irrevocably anonymized (anonymized data may be stored) or destroyed safely.
Your personal data is stored on the protected servers of our suppliers/service providers, being accessed, and used exclusively under our policies and standards (or equivalent policies and standards of our suppliers/service providers).
If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal data, please contact the project coordinator via the Online Contact Form available here XXXXX
Subject to certain conditions, you may have the right to request us to:
- Provide you with additional information on how we use your personal information;
- Be provided with a copy of the personal data provided;
- You are provided with the personal data you have provided to another controller at your request;
- Any inaccuracy in the personal data we retain;
- Deleted personal data whose use is no longer legitimate;
- We limit the way we use your personal data until the complaint is investigated.
The exercise of these rights is subject to certain exceptions intended to safeguard the public interest (prevention or detection of crimes) or our interest (maintaining professional secrecy). If you exercise any of these rights, we will analyze them, and we will respond, within one (1) month.
If you are unsatisfied with our use of your personal data or with our response after exercising any of these rights, following the legislation in force, you are entitled to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority (Comissão Nacional de Protecção de Dados – CNPD).
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, the partners of the consortium of the ON THE WAVE project cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.